Thursday, October 14, 2010

ambience and satiety

One of the things that I've learned through this weigh loss and maintenance journey is to ENJOY my food. I used to think that the only enjoyable thing about food was how it tastes. This is very true. However, there are also other factors that can help you to enjoy your food. One of these is the ambience. A little music, candle light (it really only takes seconds to light one), and something pretty on the table can do wonders. It helps you to slow down and enjoy what you are eating. This has really helped me to eat less and enjoy my food. Even a glass of ice water is more satisfying in a pretty goblet. Having color in your food also makes it appear more appetizing (and usually offers you more fruits and veggies). I always try to look at the plate and make sure it is full of color. As we are more satisfied in our environment we will eat less and LOSE MORE!

No comments:

Post a Comment